Sunday 23 November 2014

Soy Amado No. 52

If I'd remembered how quick it is to knock one of these up, I wouldn't have taken a four month break from making them.



And if I hadn't waited so long, I wouldn't now be faced with all my possible photo locations drowning in a depressingly dank sense of greyness.

The sky is grey.

The sea seems grey.

The land is grey.



And did I mention windy too?



As the winter starts to close in, I am reminded of random facts I have retained over the years. In particular, the one from a former work colleague who used to work for Ann Summers and who told me that the company sold more vibrators on my island that to anywhere else in the British Isles.

I'm not sure if that's a reflection on the adult male population here or that in the winter with such dismal weather there is very little to do.  If you had a choice between an AS purchase or pondering whether to drive clockwise or anti-clockwise round the island for a little bit of light relief on a slow Sunday afternoon, what would you do?



Click here if you'd like some more enlightening facts about life on a small island.
No. 19 in particular struck a chord with me - is a daily NEWSpaper for 62,000 people really possible?

Anyway, I digressed.

This is No. 52.



17 comments:

  1. I suppose it is hard to embrace the stark ruggedness of the gray landscape for too long. I bet it feels good to get those blocks into quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, at least, are brightening up the landscape. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. number 19 is brilliant. My kind of news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you back Alison,Soy Amado brightens up all the grey :) I can relate to No 17, happens a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased to see you back sewing and creating some more glorious Soy Amado quilts. Both lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing such an amazing job with these

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh oh oh that's got FOUR of mine in!! I'm so glad they're usable and getting used! Gosh I couldn't be more pleased. You are fantastic!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. And the gray is why I will never move back to western Washington. Guernsey is on my list of places to visit, gray or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to google Ann Summers and now I'm giggling. I guess some people may prefer a Sunday drive to other options :-) The quilt looks super colourful against the grey - a perfect setting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to have you back and to see some more of your gorgeous Soy Amado quilts! Hopefully I'll get to Guernsey next year to give you a hand??!! As for Island problems, I can relate to most of them, never considered the AS option as an antidote though!!! I think it's going to be a loooong grey winter, thank goodness for our quilting habit to inject some colour into our lives!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not on an island here, but still very grey and damp and dull, not looking forward to months of this. And rural Devon in Winter might be slightly comparable to Guernsey in terms of there not being a whole lot to do in Winter, enough for me to sympathise anyway! And the greyness really does highlight how gorgeous and colourful the quilt is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. November has certainly given us her grey side this year here too in central Illinois (USA). The bright colors in this quilt are so cheery! I live in a small town where there's not much to do either. I need to get off my tuchus and get something going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah yes. Island life. The "newspaper" in shetland has about half its pages dedicated to what idiots do when drunk, and what happens to idiots as the consequence of having been drunk. I'd say I'm delighted to be on the mainland now, but the daylight is disappearing by lunchtime here too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sky, sea and land may be grey, but your quilt is anything but . . . It's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do such a fantastic job of laying out the Soy Amada quilts! So beautiful - you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you're back. I've missed following your comments on, well most everything, lol. You brighten my day, just like the newest soy amado quilt will brighten someones day. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another lovely quilt to brighten the day!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10