Thursday 19 June 2014

Soy Amado No.39

So you spend your life telling children, tables are for sitting on and not standing on and then when it comes to mum's quilts, the rule book goes out the window and yes, do get up on the picnic table in your trainers,  if you wouldn't mind.


Soy Amado No. 39 was put together because I thought all the blocks were quite bright, primary colours with a predominance of blue.

End of thought process.


Another early morning, beautiful blue skies, no joggers or dog-walkers spotted this time.

Just cyclists.

Lots of them.

And clearly something on my camera lens pretending to be a bird in flight.

But it's not and I intend to get rid of it.


See that building on the far shore? The tides are so big here, sometimes you can walk from where I took this picture across to that building.

When the tide's out.

Obviously.





Even I can't walk on water.



15 comments:

  1. Oh you were full of wit today. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinated by how you can walk to that building when the tide is out. My husband has turned me into a tide geek. I love the green sashing in this quilt, it looks glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another great one. maybe you can't walk on water, but you are great with all this putting together of blocks, sashing, quilting, binding, etc. - wow, 39! I popped two blocks into the mail for you yesterday - I hope they get to you soon from the US. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have formed the impression that you live in the sunniest place in the world :-) 39 already - I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As bright as a clear blue day! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt, it's so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quilt. Great bright colors. Looks like you live in a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous quilt and fabulous location!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another bright, happy riot of color. And I hadn't noticed the green sashing until Jo pointed it out, but it's perfect!
    Love seeing the scenery, and I love your commentary. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt, it's like the blocks were made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great, happy quilt. I love your blue skies and beautiful view!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I just reread your post and got the bit about walking to that building at low tide!! How long do you have to get there and back when it is possible to walk there? Do people sometimes get stranded and need rescuing?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt looks great. I recognise some of the blocks I made, really nice to see it made up into a quilt.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10