Wednesday 8 September 2010

A little bit of this....

My secret partner in the Urban Home Goods swap on Flickr received her package from me so I can reveal what I made. She said that she very much liked the artist Charley Harper. I have to confess, I had never heard of him before but a look around the internet and I am now a semi-professional Charley Harper afficianado.
So...this is my interpretation of one of Charley Harper's drawings:

She liked it. Yipee!

...and a little bit of that.
Daughter No.2 felt that if Daughter No.1 was having a new school bag, it was only right and proper that she got one too.
She chose the fabrics and I obliged.
I do like the instant gratification that making a bag brings as opposed to how long it takes to make a quilt. I've just bought this book on bag making and I have to say it is the most comprehensive and readable book on bag making I have seen in a long time. I know...I probably need to get out more ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the bird pillow- gorgeous work! The fabrics are fantastic and the quilting looks awesome. Also love the bag (you know how I feel about bags at the moment.....). You have some very stylish daughters.

    Beautiful header photo, too :-)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10